Kids. Don’t you just love ’em?

There is a new show on the BBC on Saturday nights called ‘Outnumbered’. I remember watching the first season and thinking how amazing the child actors are – I think they improvise the script. It is so well observed and really does depict family life (at least as I know it!) The little girl, Karen, is especially hilarious and says the cutest things. Here is a trailer of the show.

There are a load of clips on YouTube, this is one of my favourites…

I don’t know if you have seen this, it’s has been around a while but it makes me smile whenever I read these letters – childrens’ letters to God.

letters_to_God

Children really do have a knack for getting to the heart of the matter. A friend of mine was taking his 5 year old daughter to school. They were talking about what she had been learning at school. The following conversation ensued.

Daughter : ‘Daddy, my teacher told us God made everything.’

Daddy : ‘Er, yes, he did.’

Daughter : ‘So he made all the people then?’

Daddy : ‘Well, yes.’

Daughter : ‘What did he use for the bones?’

Priceless.

And to end, the shape of things to come?

blogschool

Kids. Don’t you just love ’em?

19 responses to “Kids. Don’t you just love ’em?

1. Daddy Papersurfer November 13, 2008 at 10:09 pm

Lovely post Diane …….. I do like a chuckle just before retiring.

2. Daddy Papersurfer November 13, 2008 at 10:09 pm

………. and don’t say “From what?” ……… tsk

3. Teresa November 14, 2008 at 2:33 am

My connection is driving me nuts! I couldn’t watch those clips at all because it kept “hiccuping” every half a second. Argh that drives me nuts. I managed to get the gist, and it is pretty funny! I shall have to hunt for high speed internet and watch them again.

Those are hilarious “Dear God” letters! And the cartoon is priceless! My older son just started a blog and I can see him doing that to us. ;D

4. 70steen November 14, 2008 at 11:56 am

Gorgeous … kids are great with their perception of the world. My daughter was a classic in this … I may do a post just about her views lol :-)

I do like little Larry’s letter … great Friday giggles

5. Diane November 14, 2008 at 12:54 pm

DP – funny, I don’t think of you as the retiring type…
    Glad you enjoyed though – I did hope you weren’t going to be one of those grumpy old men who ‘like children …but couldn’t eat a whole one…’

Teresa – what a shame, it is such a sweet programme. Can you watch things on the BBC iPlayer on their web site – although you probably will still have the same problem.
    My son started a blog but as far as I know he only ever posted one entry….

70steen – I wish I had written down all the cute things my boys said, I have forgotten a lot of them.
    I rather like Norma’s, Jean’s and sweet little Mickey D’s letters. Actually, I like them all! :-)

6. strugglingwriter November 14, 2008 at 4:15 pm

That trailer is awesome. I need to acquire this show somehow. That little girl is adorable. (just saw on Wikipedia that Fox is planning an “American” version of the show – that is most certainly bad news)

I like the note about the dinosaurs.

Thanks so much also, for the compliments on my writing. Those types of things really do keep me going.

7. 70steen November 14, 2008 at 7:40 pm

yes I do like them all too. Just shown them to my teen and she laughed so out loud at Denise’s… lol

8. nursemyra November 15, 2008 at 4:58 am

i like the giraffe comment

9. creechman November 15, 2008 at 12:21 pm

When kids blog to God, it’s all over.

10. Diana Elaine November 15, 2008 at 4:42 pm

What a great blog this is! I came here by way of Teresa (Life, Homesteading and everything).

But one question: How do I ‘follow’ you?

Thanks!
    Diana

11. Elizabeth November 16, 2008 at 5:41 am

Oh!, that was hillarious. Thank you for that post. I love the innocence of a child, so light, lifts me up. Cheers from New Zealand :)

12. Diane November 16, 2008 at 10:34 pm

SW – the kids are so good because they improvise their lines, that way they act so naturally, don’t they? I just love the things children say – your daughter is especially cute!
    You are doing really well with your writing, I loved the excerpt from your story and I’m looking forward to reading more.

70s – they are soooo sweet!

nursemyra – I liked that one too! I am visiting Perth, Sydney, Melbourne, Canberra and maybe some of Queensland – still planning it out though! So much to see!!

creechman – so glad you enjoyed this and from reading your blog, I see you did! Thanks for the link :-)

Diana Elaine – welcome! I love Teresa’s blog! Glad you like mine! There is a link to subscribe to posts/comments at the top of the page in the sidebar…along with links to Technorati etc… Thanks for wanting to follow my ramblings :-)

Elizabeth – Glad you enjoyed it!
    If I had time I would come to NZ as well as Australia in January, I’ve always wanted to visit. Next trip maybe….. :-)

13. laketrees November 16, 2008 at 11:12 pm

oh this show looks hilarious Diane…
    you can’t beat the Britsh (and Welsh) humour lol…
    we have the God Book …it’s gorgeous…
    that cartoon at the end is a killer…I showed Charlotte and she said “that’s you Mum”… :0

14. Diane November 17, 2008 at 5:22 pm

It is very funny – one of the funniest shows on TV for a long time.
    I’m afraid that most of my family and far flung friends keep up with my comings and goings via my blog…. :-)

15. Daddy Papersurfer November 18, 2008 at 9:28 pm

Watched ‘Outnumbered’ – could have cheerfully strangled all the children – tee hee

16. fracas November 23, 2008 at 6:19 am

LOL.. kids are so much more likeable when they’re little! (How can you tell I have teens?)

Denise is a hoot, yes, but Jane… now that’s wisdom!

17. writinggb November 24, 2008 at 4:15 pm

Oh, I’m a sucker for the kids’ words! I posted just the other day some pictures of kids’ Thanksgiving Day drawings and words. “I am thankful for lemons and my family.” LOL!!

Thanks for sharing these. Very sweet.

18. 70steen November 25, 2008 at 6:12 am