Let’s do the time warp again…

lilac.jpglilac_closed1.jpglilac_open1.jpg

I seem to be stuck in a time warp with these last few papers. These are a bit flower-power, hippy-dippy Laura Ashley/Biba/Liberty-esque. I seem to remember having a blouse that looked like the inside paper in the 70’s when I had my first Saturday job in a ’boutique’ in Manchester. In fact I think that Liberty, the famous Regent Street store still sells fabrics like this. I just did a quick search and found this Liberty print blouse on sale at J Crew

86468_wc9976.jpg

It just goes to show that ‘plus ça-change, plus c’est la même chose’ as they say in France.Or as we say – ‘there’s nothing new under the sun’. Let’s just hope that these fashions don’t put in another appearance.

groovy.jpg

I’m not sure my nerves could stand it…

11 responses to “Let’s do the time warp again…

1. RennyBA November 24, 2007 at 11:15 pm

I kind of liked the flower power style – or at least the flower – but it might have been the nostalgic feeling that hit me.

Wishing you a great end to your week :-)

2. Diane November 24, 2007 at 11:57 pm

Please tell me you didn’t wear fashion like that, Renny! Not the hat!

3. strugglingwriter November 25, 2007 at 3:28 am

I wore a green leisure suit of my Dad’s to my office for halloween one year. I guess it looked like the one on the right, only with a matching polyester jacket and a bigger collar. It was a hit.

I’ll never top that costume :)

4. Edie November 25, 2007 at 7:11 am

I don’t know what’s worse — the super gay knotted sash on the black shirt or the blinding yellow pants. I think I’m going to have to go with the yellow pants. Yikes.

5. laketrees November 25, 2007 at 8:32 am

you have been busy Diane….. :)
    haha flower power…..the liberty print looks terrific…..and those photos :D
    the brown and white has a wonderful graphic style……congratulations on your official entry into the world of sales…..I know you will be very very successful…..
    have a cosy Sunday….

6. Diane November 25, 2007 at 10:50 am

SW – I bet you won’t be posting a photo of that on your blog! All that polyester- the static electricity must have been – wait for it – shocking!

Kim! You are back! I have been busy as you can see and hopefully will be busier still!
    Hope you are having fun whatever you are doing. I am looking forward to you resuming blogging :)

7. Diane November 25, 2007 at 11:12 am

Edie – I think the yellow one has it all. The hat. The unbuttoned shirt and the medallion, the Freddie Mercury moustache and yellow trousers – groovy, baby!

8. Ed November 26, 2007 at 4:49 am

Those little flowery shirts remind me of what my mother used to call Simon Dee shirts. He was a star on TV, and it was the only thing she could think of to get us to wear them. Even age 5 I knew a thing or two about bad taste, but my mum was bigger than me! I dont have many pictures of me smiling at that time of life.

9. Diane November 26, 2007 at 10:42 am

I used to love Simon Dee! I’d forgotten all about him so I just googled him and he is 72 now!
    I remember my dad having a flowery shirt but I have no memory of him ever wearing it – perhaps it was a gift!

10. Jonathan Crouch November 26, 2007 at 2:49 pm

Ha – looks like these guys are auditioning for the role of Huggy Bear in Starsky and Hutch!! Luckily I was too young to worry about being dressed so hideously by my mother!!
    Jonathan.

11. Diane November 26, 2007 at 3:15 pm

You know how fashion comes around again – you could still find yourself having to dress like this!