Hurrah! I’m home! I am now in a book making frenzy, inspired by all the lovely paper I bought in LA. I didn’t know which to use first, but used this combination as it used a new paper (the outside) and one I have had for a while and not known what to do with it (the inside.)
I was tagged by Emily at Paperseed to tell you 7 honest things about myself, before I went on holiday and have pondered on it sporadically. I’ve already confessed 6 things in an earlier post so in the spirit of idleness, I’m going to re-hash my original post and add a new one. (Well, I am jet lagged) Here are my original 6:
1. I love stationery. I am addicted to pens, inks, notebooks and paper and all the paraphernalia, erasers, sharpeners etc. It has probably come out of my love of making books and calligraphy. Or maybe I like making books and calligraphy because I love stationery. Who can say?
2. I hate my feet, I have horrid toes. Don’t look.
3. My maiden name was Gardner, which must be the most inappropriate name for someone who is as clueless in the garden as I am.
4. I have noticed people tend not to remember me on a second meeting. I must have a very unmemorable face.
5. I hate licking wet wood. It makes me shudder just to even think of it. I hate using a wooden spoon to eat ice cream at the cinema and I always have to leave the last bit of an iced lolly in case I accidentally lick the stick.
6. I love red shoes.
and my new one
7. I am useless at housework. I love my house looking spick and span but HATE the process of getting it that way. The only bonus I get from my worsening eyesight is that I wander around, without my glasses, in a lovely, faint blur and can’t see dust and cobwebs – but I do get a horrible shock when I put my glasses on.
So now you know.
So now I am supposed to tag 7 people and let them know I have tagged them, so here goes:
1. Astrid at Tulibri
I know, I know, I’m supposed to tag 7 people but I’m lazy (see above)
I was also awarded this by Speedcat Hollydale
but as he has awarded it to practically every blog I have ever heard, he has left me no one left to award it to. If you didn’t get it, then please consider it yours.
I was also tagged by Kim at Laketrees to take part in the ‘Collectively Written Christmas’ meme. Unfortunately, I can’t get my head (which seems to be several steps behind my body at the moment) around this as it seems complicated, so I shall have to return to it when the jet lag has passed.
So after this marathon post, I shall have to go and lie down. I’m exhausted.
that’s ver nice how the red bow-shaped pattern hits the shape of the bow-tied ribbons! I like things like that :)
Oh yes, so it does! I hadn’t noticed! Oops, I should have said I planned that to happen!
You walk around in a lovely, faint blur.
Makes me want to move the furniture around and pop a webcam in your living room for YouTube.
I can see furniture, thank goodness it’s not that bad! I need glasses to read and my distance vision is not as sharp as it should be. I think the reason I don’t see dust and cobwebs is psychological – selective blindness!
Besides, I’m not sure me falling over the furniture would be entertaining enough for YouTube.
Yay new books! This one is very nice. I hope you had a nice rest.
To add to your flurry of awards, I’ve posted your blog as a Best Kept Secret! I imagine you are not probably a secret, as your blog is so gorgeous. Your work is stunning…I mean that. I appreciate the tag as well. Very kind. Please come pick up your much-deserved award.
Thank you kindly, sir, I had a very nice rest. Although I do need a snooze…
Miss Ladybug- thank you so much. I am indeed a ‘Best Kept Secret’ and need all the help I can get – thank you!
lovely cover Diane……the colours are gorgeous !!!!!
I had a laugh about your wood phobia…..
and I love red shoes too :)…….maybe it’s a Wizard of Oz thing…. congratulations on your ‘Blogging that hits the mark’ award……I might just take that one myself haha…(I can’t help it…..I’m an award junkie……and I haven’t got that one )……
as for the Christmas meme……don’t worry I didn’t tag….you…I linked your name in the Christmas Story that’s in the meme……
don’t worry you’re not the only one who thought that they were tagged on that one…..of course if you want to do it ???? hehe
One of my sons has a thing for red trainers too…
Whew, that’s a relief, it was confusing unless it is just me being dense – which on balance is more likely :-) I’ll pass, if that’s OK with you! I can’t bear to be thinking about Christmas so early, the shops are full of Christmas stuff already as it is…it gets earlier every year!
Pingback: Connecting News, Commentaries and Blogs at NineReports.com -
Pingback: Weird? Me? « Much of a muchness