Things that make you go 'hmm'…
Shop ’til you drop
Living in Dorset, opportunities for serious shopping are few and far between. Serious shopping involves a trip to Exeter, Bournemouth or Bath or a trip up to London – none of which is madly convenient. Which is why I have become an online shopaholic. I buy everything from books to clothes (a new pair of wellies today), wine, art supplies, software, hardware, kitchen equipment (even the granite worktops for my recently renovated kitchen), garden furniture and plants – the list goes on.
So here is a list of some of my favourite shopping sites.
- www.boden.co.uk good quality and value, everyday clothing, shoes and accessories
- www.matchesfashion.com wide range of designer labelled clothing, shoes and accessories
- www.yoox.com huge range of designer fashion, clothing and accessories, art and design and books
- www.figleaves.co.uk gorgeous undies and swimwear
Food and wine
www.valvonacrolla.com delectable Italian delicatessen and wine merchant
- www.icone.co.uk lighting, furniture, homewares by iconic designers such as Philippe Starck, Alessi, Marc Newson and many others
- www.charlesandmarie.com in their words ‘quintessential lifestyle navigators’ – so there.
- www.onthetable.co.uk contemporary kitchen and table ware
- www.serenataflowers.co.uk flower deliveries, gorgeous contemporary arrangements
- www.visibone.com webdesign resources and reference guides
- www.moonpig.com greetings cards personalised, printed and mailed for you
- www.moo.com business, note and mini cards, personalised and printed from own photographs
- www.thewhitecompany.com beautiful bed and bath linens, accessories and clothing
Well, that’s just a small selection to start. I’ll post more as I think of them and I’m always eager to hear of more to add to my list.